In capetown in october 2008, standing on top of the tablemountain I wrote a poem with the last line.....it is here I met my Africa. The heart spoke.
When saying 'my' it sounds like posessing but it is not. It is really something you want to be with, to go home to , go back to, be together with because it feels so good, it feels connected it feels special. It is like love, not possessing someone but wanting to be with someone. So with South Africa. And I am so glad South Africa wants to be with me too! In the most artistic weeks to come in Capetown I will be in the middle of it. A combination of art, culture, heritage, literature and music on different spots, with as highlight the heritage symposium and the Sara Baartman festivities , a story in which Diana Ferrus played a very important role. As part of the heritage symposium I connected with my South african friends, Diana Ferrus, a great writer and Marius Absalom , a sensitive poet, to present a piece on diversity of languages, bridges to cross and the heritage of dutch/afrikaans. We will connect our visions, our experiences and it will be very exciting to do this together. The heritage symposium will give us the opportunity to connect and share this vision and to discuss our experiences in the field. Also different heritage organizations of Capetown will present there work and there projects. So in the coming weeks, i will connect You with the artistic weeks in Capetown and my experiences. It is great to be back againg in My South Africa!.
No comments:
Post a Comment