Saturday, March 11, 2017

ADEMHALEN MARCH 8th THE PREMIERE NICKERIE



March 8th, Nieuw Nickerie. The day of the premiere, international women's day.


The Nickerie performance had a great impact. It was more than I could possibly have foreseen.


Alida Neslo with her cast brought  the script alive,  making the lives and thoughts of women visible. Artistic and culturally enriched it shows women's resilience and the impact is has on women and the society they live in- voices of women who reflect on inequality, domestic violence, suicide, about choices and the courage it takes to live, to breathe.


Watching the play with the public is opening new layers again and again. In the hometown of the birth of this play it fills the air. With my dear friends, my posse, and my family I felt loved and supported for the stories I want to tell, for the work that I do, and the things I want to create for and on earth.


Feeling grateful for the women of Nickerie who trusted me with their stories, and had the courage to live their lives. Quote from the public ' I feel very emotional, it was about time we show the truth of our lives'.
Performing, Radha, Nanda and Nishtha, and the Goddess Kali

With the cast and the initiators ' The Dutch Embassy Paramaribo" 

The Director Alida Neslo with the cast and youth Nickerie (VWO/HAVO)

school performance Nickerie march 9th

Nickerie March 8th, full house!

School performance Nickerie, Discussion about the play, about women rights.

No comments: